My name is Rob McLeod and I am a disc sports competitor living in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. This will be my second WFDF World Overall Flying Disc Championships. In 2001, I finished 4th overall (3rd in Self Caught Flight and 4th in Distance). In addition, I also have:
- 10 World Records including 3 Guinness World Records
- 3 World Championships
- 1 Quadruped national title
Frisbee is my passion, my fire, my life. I live and breathe frisbee. I have met some of the most inspiring people of my life through frisbee and I hope to pass those experiences onto my friends, family and fans.
What I Need
I am looking to fund the following expenses:
- Flight from Calgary to Stockholm ~ $1,700
- Hotel for 8 nights ~ $700
- Food for 8 days ~ $400
- Registration: $175
If you are one of my funders, you will receive the following perks:
- If you donate $10, I will mention you on my website and in the credits of a thank you video.
- If you donate $25, you will receive a signed Rob McLeod media card, an Innova mini disc and a handwritten note.
- If you donate $50, in addition to receiving a signed Rob McLeod media card, an Innova mini disc and a handwritten note, you will also receive an Ultimate Rob Discraft Ultrastar disc.
- If you donate $100, in addition to receiving a signed Rob McLeod media card, an Innova mini disc, a handwritten note and an Ultimate Rob Discraft Ultrastar, you will get to request a custom instructional video from Rob.
Having the opportunity to compete at the World Overall Championships is a huge goal of mine for several reasons:
- I will be the only Canadian competing at the World Overall
- I will be able to share my experiences with my friends, family and fans and do my best to inspire others to follow their passion
- The chance to visit Europe for the first time and to have the opportunity to share that with my friends and family
I feel that disc sports are the most accessible sports and although I realized they’re not for everyone, I at least want everyone to know what they are and to see what they’re all and make up their own mind if it’s something they want to get into. Disc sports are an ageless game. There is a disc sport for every age and you can fit any disc sport into any stage of life.
Disc sports combines man’s greatest tool, his hand, with his greatest dream, to fly.
Other Ways You Can Help
I know not everyone will be able to help fund my campaign so I ask that you help me out by doing one of the following:
- Help get the word out and make some noise about my campaign.
- Leave a comment for me or send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
From the bottom of my heart, thank you.
All the best,